Fireworks are often used to mark special events and holidays. However, they are not safe in the hands of consumers. Fireworks cause thousands of burns and eye injuries each year. People can enjoy fireworks safely if they follow a few simple safety tips:
• Fireworks cause an average of almost 18,500 reported fires per year.
• Sparklers account for roughly one-quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries. BE CAREFUL!
• Be safe. If you want to see fireworks, go to a public show put on by experts.
• Do not use consumer fireworks. NFPA is opposed to consumer use of fireworks. This includes sparklers and firecrackers. Even sparklers burn hot enough to cause third-degree burns.
• Keep a close eye on children at events where fireworks are used.
• Fireworks cause an average of almost 18,500 reported fires per year. Don't be a statistic!
• Sparklers account for roughly one-quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries.
SERVPRO of Lake Conroe, Magnolia and Cleveland want to wish you a happy and safe Independence Day. For more information on how to keep you and your family this fourth of July, visit the National Fire Protection Association website. Here, you can also find several videos demonstrating the dangers of consumer fireworks.