Fire Damage Photo Gallery

fire damage on wall

Fire & Water in Cleveland

The Fire Department successfully extinguished an attic fire in this Cleveland area home.  The wall shown in this picture is covered with soot and water, which creates a messy residue.   SERVPRO® of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.  Our Professional Fire Restoration Technicians are also trained to remove odors and restore your contents to pre-fire conditions. 

*Actual job photo*

fire damage to a bathroom

Self Extinguishing Fire

An exhaust fan in the bathroom shorted out while no one was home.  What a surprise for the homeowners when they returned!  Fortunately, the fire self extinguished and the damage was minor.  The majority of the damage was contained to the bathroom but there was a light layer of soot throughout the home.  SERVPRO® of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland’s Professional Fire Restoration Technicians were not only able to repair the fire damage but they were also able to get rid of the odor that was left behind. 

*Actual job photo*

soot covered bathroom sink

Magnetic attraction of soot

Heat, soot, and debris from home fires are attracted to cooler objects and will migrate towards them like a magnetic attraction.  It is very common for even a small fire to produce a heavy build-up of soot on the bathroom fixtures because of their cooler temperatures.  This Magnolia area home experienced a small kitchen fire which spread a layer of soot and debris throughout the entire home and a heavy layer of soot in the bathroom.  Quick action is imperative to prevent the soot and debris from causing secondary damage.  If you have experienced a fire in your home or business you can count on the Professional Fire Restoration Technicians at SERVPRO® of Lake Conroe, Magnolia and Cleveland.  

*Actual job photo*

web-like soot in corners of walls

Cobweb-looking Smoke & Soot

A strange characteristic of smoke is when plastic burns it creates clusters of cobweb-looking shapes in the corners of the room, called Smoke Webs.  Smoke Webs actually happen in many home and business fires and is not uncommon to the Professional Technicians at SERVPRO® of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland.  A common misconception that many business and home owners have is that smoke and soot has settled onto actual cobwebs making them thicker and darker in appearance.

*Actual job photo*

a pantry with canned goods

Food can easily become spoiled during a fire

This Montgomery home experienced a fire inside their garage and the soot and debris affected much of the home, including inside of the pantry.  Smoke and soot can travel anywhere that air can travel to.  For instance, SERVPRORO® of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland’s Fire Restoration Technicians even found soot inside these open bags of chips.  It is not uncommon for food and prescription medications to be replaced after experiencing a fire.   

*Actual job photo*

fire damage in a garage with soot

Soldering Iron caused this Fire inside the garage

After using a soldering iron while working in the garage, this homeowner turned off and unplugged the soldering iron, thinking he had taken all of the necessary precautions. Unfortunately, the soldering iron was left to cool next to a paperback instruction manual.  The heat from the soldering iron caused the instruction manual to smolder and ignite. A truck, hand tools, and wood working equipment were affected by the soot and debris.  The Professional Fire Restoration Technicians at SERVPRO® of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland have the training and experience to restore equipment, tools, and electronics in the event of a business or garage fire.   

*Actual job photo*