Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Whether it be from: an injury or death in the home, human feces or urine, animal feces or urine, toilet overflow, or any other need for a Bio Hazard cleaning in your home or business, SERVPRO of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland is sympathetic and here to help. Unlike your traditional maid or run of the mill cleaning service, SERVPRO of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland is Hazmat certified, so you know the job will be completed safely and professionally. Please don't hesitate to call us - SERVPRO of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland - Certified Professionals open 24 hours to take your call.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (936) 441-8550
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Lake Conroe, Magnolia & Cleveland has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities: