Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
When a water damage event strikes your home or business in Conroe, TX, it is important to know what to do. It is equally important to know what to NOT do. Down below, you can read through a couple of helpful tips that can help guide you through the beginning stages of your water loss until our SERVPRO team arrives and takes over.
When you call our SERVPRO team for assistance after noticing signs of water damage in your home or business, you can rest assured that you and your property will be taken care of from start to finish. Once we have arrived on-site, we will mitigate the loss and restore the affected areas back to preloss conditions!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (936) 441-8550
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.